Re: Core plug replace ?

To: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Core plug replace ?
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 06:39:55 -0500
No need to replace the plugs at the ends of the oil gallery unless you have
your machine shop put the block into a caustic tank, in which case the
aluminum plugs dissolve and must be replaced. if you run in to that
situation, drop me an email and I'll tell you how to do it.

However, when you have the head done, I'd replace the core plug on the
backside of the head. These do fail. The same comments apply to the caustic
tank and the effect on the big aluminum plug in the top of the head.

At 05:32 AM 7/26/2004, John Gillis wrote:
>The core plugs in my TR block seem to be; one each end of the oil gallery
>(aluminium) and one at the back of the cam (metal). Is it likely that
>these would need replacing as unlike those plugs that plug waterways they
>are passed only by oil.
>Regards
>John.
>--
>John Gillis
>1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)
>2001 Kawasaki W650
>Trinity College
>Dublin,
>IRELAND.