Re: Sticking Starter Pinion?

To: MotoPsyche@aol.com, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sticking Starter Pinion?
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:40:21 -0300
Bill
I had this same problem. We are trying to use the wrong pinion. What I
did was to make sure that the new pinion had the right number of teeth
and was the right diameter. I then had the pinion machined to the same
configuration as the original. End of problem. I now had one of the most
expensive original style TR3A starters in existence.
Bob