Re: Fuel Pressure regulators; no stranded by road

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure regulators; no stranded by road
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:05:07 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Terry Smith said:
>> I've always received some of the best compliments about my car while
>> stranded on the side of the road with the hood up. :)
>
> Jay Leno wrote about this once.  He said to the effect that when antique
> cars leave you stranded, they are really giving you a break, a moment to
> yourself when you have to make yourself stop and think, "everything just
> has to wait, and it'll get by somehow."  ...And they're giving you an
> adventure, a bit of the unexpected.

This is gonna wrap:

http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/sub_coll_leno/1999/5/jl_drive_old_cars/

"People ask me if I'm afraid my old cars are going to break down when I
drive them. I say, "Yeah, they break down all the time." With the kind of
job I have, when my car breaks down, that's really the only time I get to
relax. Because when it happens I can't do anything. I'm stuck by the side
of the freeway, so I might as well take a break."

We don't get Jay Leno on TV here, so I've never seen or heard the guy, but
I know he likes LBC's and he has four steam cars, among which is the
ultimate, a Doble. My kinda guy. ;-)

Eric

--
'57 TR3a TS23315L - black