Re: TR4 lack of power at speed

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 lack of power at speed
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:09:31 -0400
> Converted to electronic long ago, timing seems to be fine, when I rev the
> engine the timing does move as expected so I assume advance moves.  Runs
> fine until I put it in gear to drive then it hesitates and missfires.
Tom, I've forgotten the previous threads on this, but it sure sounds
classically symptomatic of bad spark plug wires:  a complete electrical
circuit but with weak contacts.  Have you watched the engine idle after
sundown for any sparks?  ...Not that that's a completely telling test
anyway....

Do you run a fuel filter?

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A