RE: TR4A IRS clunk

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4A IRS clunk
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:36:26 -0700
> My current clunk is regular and repetetive with the
> proper circumstances (deceleration and light braking).  The
> current clunk can also be felt in the seat of the pants, where
> the shock's clunk was only audible.

I've kind of lost track of what's been mentioned already in this thread ...
that sounds to me like the bolts that hold the UJ flange to the transmission
or differential flange.  They're a special bolt, and mine had a habit of
coming loose over time.  Finally switched to an interference type lock nut
(instead of the nyloc) which seems to have solved the problem.

Randall