Collector insurance (sorry for the length!)

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "DCTRA" <members@dctra.org>, "TTSCC" <TTSCC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Collector insurance (sorry for the length!)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:43:59 -0700
Fellow TR folks,

I recently added a new project car and called Aon Collector Car Insurance
(formerly K&K Insurance) to add the new car to my policy. I have been with
this company since moving to Arizona 1 & 1/2 years ago. My previous
California company didn't provide coverage in Arizona. Unfortunately, they
are only providing coverage for 30 days as the car is not "%85" restored. It
is a work in progress that I spent significant money for and they refuse to
add it to my policy!

I went on the net and as someone on the TR List had mentioned having an
excellent experience with Grundy Insurance, I filled out their online
application. However, because I drive my cars rather than tow them, or leave
them in the garage all the time, I answered the below questions truthfully.
Consequently, they refused to provide any coverage!
< Any collector vehicles used for rally or racing? - YES (I actually don't
Race of course, but I have Rallyed on occasion!)
< Any collector vehicle used for errands or backup? - YES (I don't use it
for back-up as we have 2 other cars, but on occasion I drive it for fun!)

Now what???

Does anyone have any recommendations? I am used to paying less than $200.00
for $15,000 stated value on my TR3. Cost is not the most important thing but
good claim service is.

Any advice and/or recommendations would be appreciated!!

Regards,

Jim

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3