Re: Kids, shows, owners

Subject: Re: Kids, shows, owners
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 16:04:09 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Gotta respond to this one:  The point is: YOU ASKED THEM TO SIT IN YOUR
CAR!  I go off the deep end (and I DON'T bring my car to shows here in
NC anymore) when people sit on my bumpers or fenders, drop food or
drinks on it, etc.  Heck I go off the deep end when they do it to other
people's cars at shows.  Worse are the people who act like that and then
bring their children to shows and let them do that.  (I've actually
heard an adult say they didn't care if their kid defaced something
because it wasn't his property)  What I've found is a general lack of
respect for other people's possesions.   Most of us have worked pretty
darn hard on our cars and take great pride in the way they look and
run.  And I doubt most of us want to have them scratched, dinged or
dented because some yutz has no respect.  I love to talk about the 6 and
don't have a problem letting people sit in her and ask questions.  But
again, only when I've said it is OK and asked them to do it.  So, if
someone wants to share his pride and joy with others, but doesn't want
some careless bystander damaging it, more power to him.

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
NC