Carb Problems

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Problems
From: "Richard" <rcrabbe@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:32:57 -0400
As a follow-up to the thread last week about the adjustable needles I am
puzzled and frustrated.
I picked the car up from the upholsterers shop yesterday, I had been playing
with the carbs for a few days. Got about half way home and she died.
I reset the carbs ( needles) back to square one - being even with the base of
the piston.
The left carb seems to be running really rich at that point while the rt one
seems to be rich but not nearly as bad as the other one.
After adjusting the needles until they seem to be close the car still runs
like crap and is not drivable.
Is there something that I am missing on these carbs - short of replacing them
or at least the right one or should I just get rid of the entire car.
After a long time project I am getting very flustered to have the car look so
god - sitting in my driveway.
Thanks

Crabby
76 TR6