Re: * TR3 Crapped Out Again *

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: * TR3 Crapped Out Again *
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:19:24 -0700
Wayne Brazinski wrote:

>1) Is there an easy way I can check to see which cylinder is firing when she
>starts to crap out - I mean whether there is a spark or not?

FWIW -- the 2 great things about ignition systems:  1) so simple you can
hold all the components in one (big) hand & 2) it is usually the problem.

I carry a complete replacement ignition system known to be good.  If an
ignition problem is suspected it only takes a couple of minutes to
replace everything.  If that resolves the problem then work backwards to
find the real culprit.

For checking spark, this little jewel works well (at this price maybe
you could just install 4 of them!)...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=4445

Good Luck.

Geo Hahn