Re: TR6 Broken door stopper hooks

To: "Robert Rudolphi" <robertrudolphi@netscape.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Broken door stopper hooks
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 08:54:31 -0500
The same thing happenend to me this spring. Since replacing the entire door
seemed impratical and the broken ring was not avaialbe new or used [that I
could find any how], we wound up tack welding a piece of angle bracket  with
a hole for a screw already there from Ace Hardware [after grinding and
filing to approximate the shape of the broken ring]. It's actually stronger
than before and with a dab of touchup paint, virtually undetectable. I would
also advise using clevis pins  with "c" clips rather than rivets to reattach
the check strap after you finish.

Cheers
Bob Streepy

CC58409 [Lucille the Wonder Car-I "wonder" if anyone would give .20 on the
dollar for what I've spent on this thing?]

TS78649L [Casper, not the world's nicest TR3, just the most expensive]