Frozen Wheel

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Frozen Wheel
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:08:59 -0400
>speaking  of  frozen  wheels  any  advice  on  how  to  >free .em up.the
drver's rear on  my  6 is  froze  the  rest  turn  >freely. i ll  have  to
push  my  car out of the  shed  as  i  >have  no  clutch hydraulica  at the
moment.

What helped me, since I couldn't get the rear hubs off, was to insert the red
straw extension of a big can of Brake Cleaner into the wheel through an
orifice, and soak heck out of things, then prying the wheel with a crow bar
sandwiched between nuts on the lug studs so as not to strip the threads.  30
years of resistance melted suprisingly down.

By the way, and I have to say this, not ever previous owner is a DPO.  The
people involved with the estate I bought this car from were the best.  They
even invited me to spend the night in their house in New York because simply
getting the car out of the garage after all that time was a two day affair.
"Course, it was parked with a '49 MG on one side, and a Sunbeam directly
behind it, cramping what was already a hairpin turn outside the door, hampered
further by the fact that it was last March and the ground outside was deep
mud.  ...I got the car at a great deal because two other people gave up.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A