RE: Low port head for sale

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Low port head for sale
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:43:14 -0700
> According to Piggott you require this exhaust manifold for the low port
> head and can't use the later manifold on a low port head, or this
> manifold on a high port head.

While I hate to contradict Bill, my memory is that it's the intake manifold
that is different with the low port head, not the exhaust manifold.  The
Moss catalog seems to agree (and is a good place to see the difference in
the port patterns).  In fact, they list different H6 intake manifolds for
both the early low port head and the 'Le Mans' head.

I've also got a Le Mans head & intake on the shelf somewhere, that I could
probably be persuaded to part with if someone is in dire need.  I no longer
own the car that TS11021E came out of, and there's little chance I'd ever
find it to try to sell that engine to the current owner.  ISTR the head has
been tapped for an oversize heater outlet, has a threaded plug in place of
the original aluminum one, and has badly worn valve guides.  But it ran fine
when removed (and hasn't even been cleaned up since).

Randall