RE: The Heart of the Matter

To: <MotoPsyche@aol.com>, <abeck@ica.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The Heart of the Matter
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@nexant.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:06:52 -0500
I recently had a similar experience to Bill, but not to the extent of
actually having the heart attack.  I was taking a "routine" stress test when
the Dr. stopped it and told me I was exhibiting signs of arterial blockage
in my heart.  I felt fine, and had felt fine up until then - hey, I was
playing indoor soccer up until a few years ago.  Within a week I had an
angiogram, angioplasty and a stent installed.  Turns out I had one artery
85% blocked and one totally blocked.

The moral?  When you get to be over 50, like many of us on this list, take
real good care of yourself and DEFINITELY go for that annual physical, even
if you feel great.  Remember, our hearts don't have replaceable liners!

Michael Marr
Naperville, IL
1960 TR3A