RE: Sports 6 Vitesse Brake Switch Help

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sports 6 Vitesse Brake Switch Help
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:23:12 -0700
> Can someone on the list tell me if there is another
> British car that would use the same type of brake
> switch as the early Sports 6. This switch is mounted
> on the 5 way brake union beside the engine right on
> top of the frame rail. If I can source this part here
> in the US it would save time and money.

What type of electrical connections do you need ?  It sounds like the TR2/3
switch would work (and probably be the right switch but I don't have my
books handy to confirm that) ... TR2/3 up to about 1960 (comm TS60000) used
a screw/clamp connector while after TS60000 used 1/4" quick connect (aka
Lucar) terminals.

Do you perchance have the Stanpart number for the brake light switch ?  If
so, compare it to TRF's price list, available on-line at
http://www.the-roadster-factory.com/

If not, I would recommend you scoop up one of the Vitesse factory Spare
Parts Catalogues that show up on eBay from time to time.

Randall