Re: ANSA/Monza using Flowmaster

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ANSA/Monza using Flowmaster
From: M D Nugent <carcentric@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:30:51 -0700 (PDT)
The 60 series came out after I did my research, but the description
(small engines) sounds right.  Did you listen to the sound clips?

A lot of the freeway drone comes through the floorboards if the muffler
is mounted near the middle of the car.  Hanging it under the trunk/boot
will keep the passenger area significantly quieter.

BTW, did you notice that Flowmaster recommends a 2.0" inlet/outlet for
your car's displacement and horsepower?  Anything bigger than that will
be louder, but won't do anything for the power.

And, although not asked, if you want maximum power and quietness, you
can't beat an inexpensive "turbo" muffler - that's what I used on my
competition Porsche 914 ( see details at
http://home1.gte.net/nugentmd/914lite.htm ).

M D "Doc" Nugent
Renton, WA

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/sound.html?id=aIdEYPU6