Re: TR4 Diecast Model

To: kurtisj@cox-internet.com ("Kurtis"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Diecast Model
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:24:19 -0400
In a message dated 4/16/2004 1:36:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kurtisj@cox-internet.com writes:

> Does anyone know of a source for Triumph diecast models?
>  In particular, I'm
> looking for a TR4.

Working from memory at the moment, I believe that such models are VERY few and
far between, unlike most other flavors of Triumph. At the moment, the only true
TR4 1:43 diecast I can think of is from K&R Replicas
<http://www.kandrreplicas.co.uk/TRIUMPHSTRS.htm>. Most of their models are
available either as kits or fully built. OH, and they have open and "Surrey
Top" versions of the 4, 4A and 5. (NOTE: these folks are great. As often as
not, you can build RHD or LHD versions of their kits, and you can even
"customize" to some degree with available accessories or even bits from other
of their kits.)

Other than that, there was a Dinky TR4A a number of years ago (hint: watch for
it on eBay), and there were various TR5s by Eligor (same hint)...and not much
else that I remember.

Now if it were a Herald or Spitfire or sidescreen TR you wanted in small form,
LOTS of choices past and present.... ;-)

--Andy Mace