tr3 aprons

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr3 aprons
From: FGFO1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:59:58 EDT
need some true or false help guys
here is what i know and have heard some rumor of.
i know that on the earlier TR3 that the head light surround was pressed
separately to the apron. then attached, leaded, cleaned and painted. cant see
it
from out side. you can tell this from the back side of the apron or when its
bent and cracked like mine. i have this on my car. 1958 but registered as a
1959.
not unusual i am now finding.
later on sometime. i don't know when. things changed and the apron was
pressed from one piece of metal. i know this because i have one.
so far i know these to be facts. now comes the bit i don't know for a fact.
supposedly on the 3 piece apron the grill was a little different. it
supposedly has a slight concave shape in the height, curving in, ever so slight
toward
the radiator. later on the one piece apron it became flat.
true or false?
my dilemma is that my 3 piece apron and grill are really in poor shape. but
the car came with a rusty straight one piece apron. a little dip and it would
be great again.
i understand but have no proof that all 4 parts (grill and apron) are
interchangeable.
what do you know?
and then the only question for me is one of authenticity.
thanks for any info
frank fisher
temecula
California