Tensioner

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tensioner
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:39:53 EDT
In the course of the restoration of the 4A, I found that the timing chain
tensioner was -- well nonexistent. But for reasons I am unable to recall, I
didn't or couldn't get one and put everything back together without it. Anyway,
now
I have one and want to put it in (especially after Randall mentioned in
passing that the tensioner might be related to intermittent roughness) and am
asking (hope against hope) if there's any way (read enough room -- it doesn't
look
it) to get the cover off enough to get the tensioner in. That is, can I do
this without removing the radiator, fan, pulley, etc? I doubt it but thought
I'd
ask.

Jim
CT54531