Re: TR competent mechanics in Bay Area, California?

To: "Glen" <gsapile@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR competent mechanics in Bay Area, California?
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:24:15 -0700
From: "Glen" <gsapile@yahoo.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 8:58 AM
Subject: TR competent mechanics in Bay Area, California?

> Hello,
>
>   Anyone on the list know of a competent mechanic in the Bay area,
> California to work on the rear suspension (replace springs, shocks,
> bushings) on our '66 TR4A IRS?
>    I'm located in the mid-penninsula area (Redwood City, Palo Alto, etc.)
> but willing to drive a while for quality work.
>   I'd really like to do the work myself, but family obligations are
> limiting time for tinkering.
>
> Thanks,
>   Glen
>

> '66 TR4A IRS

Glen,

My favorite is Fremont Automotive, it's not that far, just off AutoMall
Parkway exit from I680, only takes me 20 mins from Mountain View. The owner
and the chief mechanic are members of Triumph Travelers and they host the
Tune 'n Techs, haven't stumped them yet. Check out some pics at
http://www.triumphtravelers.org/tunetech-HomePage.htm.  (Guess I should
update that with some more recent pics:-).  Phone number is (510) 656-0490.
There are others on the Pinninsula, but I don't have any personal experience
with them. O'Conners in San Jose is one that the MG club uses a lot.

Bob