Re: 60 TR3 Question

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 60 TR3 Question
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 09:42:34 -0700
Gene wrote:

>Could someone explain the "air dam" to throw cool air to the lower 1/3rd
>of the radiator.  I've never heard of that installation.

Here's a couple of photos:

http://www.geocities.com/tucson_british_car_register/MVC-002F.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/tucson_british_car_register/MVC-003F.JPG

I had the loose spare as I made a couple at the same time anticipating
parking lot damage.  Certainly can't prove that it helps but would seem
that it directs more air at the lower third of the radiator.

Used 1/2" plywood just because that was lying around.  On the TR4 the
dimensions are 24 11/16" x 4 11/16" and it's secured to existing holes
with 1" Stanley 'L' brackets.

Have a similar one on the TR3A but different dimensions and the brackets
are fashioned out of bar stock and attach to the bottom end of the crank
support braces.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4