New Engine Break-In Oil

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Engine Break-In Oil
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 19:24:37 -0400
Am I right in recalling that for the first 2K miles on a new engine, it's
advisable to run non synthetic straight 30 weight?

...Or is there something special?  (I seem to remember a new Toyota I had that
had an oil that seemed to have strange viscous properties, almost like chain
saw bar lube, though thinner of course.  What was THAT all about?)

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A (Off the frame and in pieces:  engine components are sourced and in,
just waiting for a nice day and a day off from work!)