Re: TR4 Starter Problems - Update

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Starter Problems - Update
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:34:34 -0700
Kurtis wrote:

>... hooked a 10 amp automatic charger to it.  Within about two
>minutes it was indicating a full charge.  I disconnected the charger and
>started it.  It turned over (somewhat weakly) and fired right up...

I am not sure this eliminates the battery as the cause.  Perhaps (if you
have a digital voltmeter) you should measure battery voltage.  If it is
at full charge I think it should be slightly less than 13V.  If not
around 12.5 - 12.9V, you might leave that charger in place longer.  If
fully charged then the starter is suspect, hopefully something easily
serviced such as the brushes.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ