Re: Seeing America on highway US 50

To: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Re: Seeing America on highway US 50
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:27:17 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Ken Gano" <triumphs@consolidated.net> i2QET98A003016
Message text written by Bill & Skip Pugh
>Sounds like a  real "adventure" Ken, however  I  must point out that
US 50  from Ely, Nevada to Lake  Tahoe  is rightfully called,  "The
Lonelist Hiway in the World".  That  being  said  it can be
navigated  with  careful planning, fuel  management,  and a  little
luck.  I have made the trip several  times in  "new"  cars.  In a
TR3-6,  I  would  suggest some sort  of  caravan...
<

In 2002 the Austin Healey National Conclave was held in Reno.  A large
number drove their Healey's from various points along Route 50 to the
Nevada city.  But then, they had a rather sizable caravan by the time they
got to the "Loneliest Highway in the World."

Also note that the Royal Gourge is on the route.  Not only is the Gourge a
lovely attraction but you can actually cross the gourge by can the road
to/from the gourge on the west side is simply made for our cars.

Dave

P.S. Whoever named it the loneliest highway has probably never driven
Siberia.