TR3 Commission Plate Cleaning

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Commission Plate Cleaning
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:44:31 -0800
    I was considering replacing my serial number plate in my TR3A with a
repro because the old one appeared horribly corroded. On closer examination,
I found that it had what appeared to be baked on crud of some sort. I gently
scraped it with backside edge of one of those disposable
snap-for-a-new-blade utility knives and got most of the old crud off and it
looks great. I would still like to get it more clean and was considering
wiping it off with lacquer thinner, but am afraid that it might remove the
paint. Has anyone else done this on an original commission plate?

     Bill Brewer
    Tehachapi, CA

PS - I hope to have the TR on the road for Buttonwillow May 15th.