RE: fuel pump rebuild

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fuel pump rebuild
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:31:37 -0800
> At 10:37 PM -0500 3/16/04, Footfrek@aol.com wrote:
> >how difficult is it  to  rebuild  an  original  fuelpump for  the tr 6???
> >i  have a trw pump on it, but  i  did  keep  my  orignal and
> was wondering
> >how difficult it  would  be  to  rebuild?

 Philip E. Barnes replied :
> The process is quite straight-forward. The only tricky bit is
> replacing the check valves, which are staked into the pump body.

I agree with Phil ... but you might at least consider not replacing the
valves.  I usually don't, it's almost always the diaphragm that fails,
generally because modern US gasoline is not compatible with vintage fuel
system 'rubber'.  For the same reason, don't bother with that NOS rebuild
kit, get a fairly new one instead.

Randall