RE: Carburator Rebuilds--TR3A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Carburator Rebuilds--TR3A
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:11:53 -0800

Jim Muller wrote :

> So we have a Randall Y and a Randall Z.  We need a Randall X,
> preferrably who drives a TR3B to complete the sequence. :-)

Just to complicate matters, I also own a TR3, although the TR3A is the one I
drive every day.

To the best of my knowledge, TRs were never fitted with SUs with the
spring-loaded needles.  They were an emissions modification, and AFAIK
Triumph always used the ZS carbs for emission applications.  There may well
be an exception outside of the TR range, tho.

Randall Y