RE: felt seals

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>, "'joe maher'" <jmaher0343@bresnan.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: felt seals
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:09:36 -0800
Don Malling wrote.....
This seal from CR Chicago Rawhide is supposed to fit TR250 and TR6. I
think my local NAPA store said TR3, TR4, 250 and TR6 were all the same,
but you better check.

http://www.chicago-rawhide.com/catalogs/457010/sealdetail.asp?s=13612

Listers,

Has anyone actually tried this seal and found it to work? I ask because
another seal that CR claims (in their catalog) to be the replacement for a
TR6, is a 14708
http://www.chicago-rawhide.com/catalogs/457010/sealdetail.asp?s=14708 and
its OD and width are correct, but the ID is about .25" too large.  The seal
that National/BCA claims is the replacement, 340823 has an OD and ID that
are too large.

As an aside, National/BCA does list a part number for the felt seal.  Their
P/N is 1110.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6