RE: Sage advice on traffic tickets

Subject: RE: Sage advice on traffic tickets
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:33:11 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>  I recently received a speeding ticket and
> did consult with a lawyer (always sound advice when dealing with legal
> matters). His advice was the same as the officer who issued the
> ticket and
> the same as I would have given myself. Traffic School.
> This is the only way to ensure you do not end up with points on
> your record.

It definitely varies from state to state ... in CA there is no guarantee
that you will be allowed to attend traffic school and avoid points.  It's up
to the judge.  Some of them will not allow traffic school if you have ever
attended before; others will not allow it if you were doing more than 15
over, etc.

Generally though, the clerk will know what the guidelines are, so you can at
least ask in advance of entering a plea of "no contest" (required for
traffic school).

Randall