RE: Triumph Ancestor?

To: "'Geo Hahn'" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, "'TR'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Triumph Ancestor?
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:18:42 -0000
> From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net [mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net]
>
> Anyone know if there was a connection between these famous planes and
> the Standard firm?

Hi Geo,
        I don't know specifically what work the Standard company was
involved in during WW1, but it was fairly normal form for industry to be
diverted towards helping the war effort. That certainly looks like an older
version of the familiar badging. During WW2 the Standard Motor Company
produced DeHavilland Mosquito and Airspeed Oxford aircraft, and an airfield
defence armoured car called (I think) a Beaverette,
        Cheers,
                Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232