RE: Tall Guy in a TR 3

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tall Guy in a TR 3
From: "Augustine, Scott (LNG-CSP)" <Scott.Augustine@lexisnexis.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:46:35 -0700
        At 6ft., 5in, in a '59, pre-TS60K my seat slides all the way back to
touch the rear bodywork, so I don't think a change to the mounting would
make any difference.  If your seat doesn't slide that far back the
adjustment might be stuck.  Mine were, because the first owner was very
short and the seats had been in the same position for 30 years.
        Have you replaced your seat springs?  I put new seats in another car
I restored and the replacement 'correct' height seats made me sit much
higher and more uncomfortably than the old worn, saggy ones.  I'm using the
originals on the TR when I get to that point.
        At 200lbs, I might have somewhat less clearance problems than some.
However, there is a fellow local club member that is my height and much more
'robust'.  He replaced his steering wheel with a 15 inch after market one.

Scott Augustine
'59 TR-3A, resting in pieces