New Valve Cover and New Gasket

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Valve Cover and New Gasket
From: <murray54@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:45:20 -0500
I finally, finally, finally received my backordered valve cover from
TRF.  I started the installation but stopped when I realized that the
gasket doesn't sit in any grooves, etc. and that got me a bit
concerned about how to keep it in place so I get a good seal with the
gasket sitting and staying where it's supposed to be.  Those of you
who might have done this before, is there some sort of goop or sealant
that should be smeared onto the surfaces of the cover and/or the
engine surface to accomplish this, make the job easier, and possibly
get a really good fit?  Appreciate any advice.

Rick Murray
75 TR6
Lilburn, GA

P.S.  After removing the old cover, it appears that the previous owner had used
something to "glue" the old gasket to the old cover.