RE: Response from O/D engagement question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Response from O/D engagement question
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 10:12:15 -0700
> sorta going off on this thread, is there any difference between 3rd with
> overdrive and fourth without it? I'm new to the whole overdrive
> thing and cant
> figure out when to use which setup.

The difference in gear ratio is very small (assuming you have the standard
ratios), it can be ignored.  Which one you use is basically personal
preference then, I mostly skip 3rd OD.  The exception would be a twisty
road, where I expect to shift back to 3rd direct soon or perhaps when I'm in
a curve and don't want to take my hand off the wheel.

Randall