Electronic Fuel Pump on a TR6

To: Steve Smith <dogzbody1@yahoo.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h7UEhjBp014014
Subject: Electronic Fuel Pump on a TR6
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:39:55 -0400
Message text written by Steve Smith
>Has anyone out there the details of an electronic fuel
pump installation in a TR6 that they would be willing
to share.

It's a stock engine (no webers etc).  Details of pump,
installation (in the front or back of car, on the
frame?) and necessity of a pressure regulator would be
greatly appreciated.
<

Steve, I put an electric pump on my TR6 when my mechanical packed it in.
For convenience sake I bolted it to the side of the engine where the
original was and reconnected the fuel lines.  It has worked flawlessly ever
since.  I have since then installed an inertial switch that I got from
Speedway (wrecking yard) from a Ford Probe for about $15 for safety's sake.

The ideal location for the pump is close to the tank but since the tank is
mounted high in the car and higher than the pump I have had no vapour lock
problems.  The engine comnpartment location is very convenient in terms of
running the wires.

Cheers

Dave
71 TR6