Re: check out this honda site. really.

To: "John Peacock" <mnypitgarage@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: check out this honda site. really.
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:37:15 -0700
Cc: "Triumph Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I'm in the camp that believes that completely stock vs stock, the
modern cars  have it all over the classic roadsters except for charisma
and motoring fun.  Nearly 50 years of technology had better produce
whopping improvements.

A highly modified STREET TR has hopes of being competitive with a new
out of the box completely stock sport rice burner, but not one with
approximately the same level of preparation.  A full race TR can
possibly be competitive with a full race rice burner.

However when all is said and done, smiles per mile is a very important
measurement of my motoring experience ... And being able to identify my
car in a crowded parking lot at a quick glance.  A rice burner is
technically superior, gets better fuel efficiency and goes way longer
without maintenance.  Those are not the primary reasons I choose the
vehicle I go motoring in.  Smiles/mile is my #1 measurement.

>  I drive it 500 miles a week to and from work.  It is
> comfortable, has a decent stereo and a lot of creature comforts.

I commuted 350 mi./week for over 20 years and towards the end finally
decided to install a radio in one of my two cars.

> But I have to get to work every day to pay for it all so I have to
> drive modern for that purpose.

While I only commuted 35 miles each way over a mountain range (a 15
mile shorter commute than yours), my commute cars are a 1960 Land Rover
(Owned for 25 years) for the rainy days and a 1961 TR3A (Owned for 18
years) for the other days.

> The lack of Triumph in my driveway is overwelming.

We each make our own choices as to what is most important to us.

TeriAnn J. Wakeman
      Marigold Ltd.
      www.marigoldltd.com