Re: Overdrive Yeah or Neah

To: "1-Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Yeah or Neah
From: "Michael Andrews" <mandrews53@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:34:09 -0700
Here in California with the long drives between places I use it to keep the
rev's down from SF to LA---Also Herman VanDenAkker clued me in to the
overdrive shifting on twisty roads. You roar up to a corner in 2nd O/D and
with out taking your hands from the wheel -you flick the switch to down
shift for the corner and then flick it back on when you clear the apex--what
a blast( it's like Michael Schumacher's Ferrari). Even though I've broken
the tranny once and had it re-rebuilt and had other misadventures with the
O/D is a great thing. I would like to know how the Francorchamps O/D's work
though. They have a mechanical activation instead of a solenoid one.
Try it you'll like it---Mike Andrews TR2inLA