Re: Proper Overdrive engagement

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Proper Overdrive engagement
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:13:00 +0100
Hi Paul
The overdrive unit is apparently rated for full power engagement and
disengagement from what I have learned and been told, however it probably
doesn't hurt to reduce the forces on the rest of the trans occasionally!
Having said that I don't remember the last time I didn't have full throttle
on when it was engaged, or disengaged for that matter, I really like the
spirited drive available from the Triumph saloons (especially the Sprint and
my 2.5 PI with 150bhp cam) and with o/d enabled in second on all our cars it
is even possible to surprise the odd boy racer in the 2000 MKI

Graham.
You don't have to ask how I got the nickname valvebounce!