Re: Rhinebeck Aerodrome British Car Club Day - 8/23/03

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rhinebeck Aerodrome British Car Club Day - 8/23/03
From: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:15:48 -0400 +SPRs MIAS5EXFG4, MIAS5AUFPV and DHAG4Y6R7W, MATTEST |November 8th, 2002) at 08/18/2003 03:19:25 PM
    I believe the Adirondack Triumph Association is planning a drive
down to the Rhinebeck Aerodrome this Saturday.  Some folks from
our local club (the Brits of the Hudson) will probably also be there
even though it's not a bona fide event on our calendar (we chose
not to schedule an event against the Triathalon put on by our friends
at British Marque Car Club News).  The Morgan Club usually also
has a pretty good turnout.  Note that it's just an exhibition - there's no
judging, no trophies, etc.
     If it's being done like past years, there's no charge to park your
car in the courtyard by the runway.  You only have to pay if you want
to walk up to the other end of the runway and watch the show (I think
it's regularly $12/head but British car drivers (only) get in either at a
reduced rate or free).  Note that if you park in the courtyard, you
CANNOT leave until the air show is over.
     One more piece of advice - avoid Route 9 through Rhinebeck at
all costs - the Dutchess County Fair is going on this weekend and it
often turns Rte. 9 into a parking lot.  Approach the Aerodrome either
from the north or from Route 9G or from the Kingston/Rhinecliff bridge
(the Aerodrome is North of the intersection of 9 and 9G and is north
of the fairgrounds).

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH