Re: Filler piece under grill

To: genehart@att.net
Subject: Re: Filler piece under grill
From: "rstirb2@townisp.com" <rstirb2@townisp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:48:51 -0400 FILETIME=[07EB84C0:01C3625A] 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h7EBo524023127
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Gene,
   The filler piece under the grille is black, and behind the grille is
black, and also the radiused pieces of the headlight surrounds at both
sides of the grill opening.  It's interesting that on original cars the
paint appears to have been brushed on.  With a mop.
   I prefer to call it "matte" or "semi-flat" black, but whatever you use,
it sure looks better than body color on a resprayed car, once the grille is
put back in place.
           HTH, -Rick    1973   TR6   CF2570U

>Is the filler piece black or body color. I'm trying to get back to as
>original as I can. I also will paint the inside (beind the grill) the flat
>black as well. I'm going to use the same black as on the rear valence.
Does