Re: Laycock P. Plate Rebuilding

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Laycock P. Plate Rebuilding
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:43:39 +0100
Hi Don
I don't know if it was / is the same with the TRs as with the six cylinder
saloons, but some years ago I got to be able to remove and replace a 2500
gearbox very quickly blindfolded due to a compatibility problem. I cannot
for the life of me think which way round it was, but it was a Borg and Beck
one bit and a Laycock other bit and it wasn't until the third time that we
spoke to the right person who knew of the problem of compatibility of the
bits. He informed us that one way would work but wasn't ideal and that the
other way would never work correctly if at all.
Just a BTDT to give you a heads up that there could be a problem.

Graham