REF: Fuel Pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: REF: Fuel Pump
From: Shrack04@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:31:08 EDT
I rebuilt a spare pump, put it on the car, then rebuilt the one that had been
on my car.  Both had the screw and plate that holds the valves in place so
pumps were easy.  I think if the valves were staked in place, I would replace
the diaphragm and leave the valves alone, if they seemed to work OK.  The spare
pump's diaphragm was hard and split.  The diaphragm on the pump that had been
on the car had holes in two of the three layers of rubber.  I'm sure it
wouldn't have gotten me far down the road.  The old AC valves seemed to be as
good
as the new after market ones anyway.  Just my $0.02 worth, And, Thanks to those
who helped me rebuild mine a couple of months ago.
Kent Shrack, TS78000+ TR3a