TR4 Rear Main Seal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Rear Main Seal
From: "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:04:01 -0700
Okay what can you very informative folks enlighten my with this subject.
Awhile back I posted that the little beast was having clutch problems, and
later to learn that the, and suspected, throw out bearing, shot, too.  Anyhow,
to make a long story short, I took it to a qualified mechanic, to take care of
those problems. He told me he owned a TR, so quite familiar.  Anyhow, he is
very paranoid about the replacement of the rear main seal and specifically no
guarantees that it wont leak.  Is there something unique about this process,
or did the mechanic have a bitter experience?
Look forward to any comments, though see the mechanic tomorrow, becuase due to
no the most pleasant experiences, have been away.

Tim