Information on scams (no LBC)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Information on scams (no LBC)
From: Davgil@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:18:44 EDT
To the list,
While I can rarely assist the list with automotive questions, I do have some
knowledge of financial matters.  For those of you with an interest, the FDIC
(the company that insures bank deposits in the United States) identifies
several common cons and how to avoid them in its Spring 2003 consumer news.
While
identity theft remains the major concern, the use of fraudulent cashier check
schemes is growing.  The info can be found at:

http://www.fdic.gov/consumers/consumer/news/cnspr03/cons.html

Thanks to all of you that give of your time and expertise to those of us that
need it.
Regards,
David Gill
1976 TR6