Re: Underfelt kits

To: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Underfelt kits
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@ipns.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:04:30 -0700
Cc: tr list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi John,

I installed a TR4A kit from Moss in my car about 10 years ago, and a
TRF kit this past winter.  Overall, I liked the material in the Moss
kit better.  It was made of bits of foam rubber bonded together, like
the carpet pad you would use in a house.  The TRF kit used some kind of
synthetic fiber, and I am still vacuuming it out of the carpet.  As I
recall, the TRF kit had more pieces.  Both took some trimming.

If I was doing it over again, I would just buy bulk material and cut my
own.  I do have some of the "heat shield" stuff that Moss sells (in a
roll), and it isn't any thicker than the normal underfelt.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L