TR3a SU carbs & misc

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3a SU carbs & misc
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 01:10:27 -0400
Good evening all,

Finally, a beautiful Saturday, got the oil changed on the wife's Mustang and
washed.

As for the '3 I decided to fix the little boo boo I created for myself when
I changed all of the seals in the SU's. They leaked even worse. So, the jet
assemblies came apart again and solved the leaks. Cool, no more leaks.

So I go to set the carbs up from scratch, since they would be altered from
before. So, I managed to get the motor to idle around 1000rpm. I think I am
close on the mixture cause I press the buttons on the side of each carb and
the idle didn't change.  This is good, for the next test, I "churped" the
throttle and it responded nicely. When I let the rpm come back to normal it
started the sputter and almost die, I had to give a minute amount gas to
keep from stalling.

So, my question is what other tweaking do I need to do?  The dashpot has oil
in it as well.

Thanks
David Templeton
'59 tr3a