Re: TR Parts from Sears

To: mathews@uga.edu (Doug Mathews), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR Parts from Sears
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 09:22:14 -0400
In a message dated 6/9/2003 7:23:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, mathews@uga.edu
writes:

> How many remember being able to order some minor items (like tune up items)
> from Sears?
>
> I still have a carb rebuild kit for TR3 from Sears..it was Beck-Arnley I
> believe!

I got a Herald convertible top from Sears...in 1968. Wasn't a bad top at all,
except -- for economy -- we opted for the cheaper "pinpoint" vinyl texture
instead of the more expensive and more original-looking "leather grain" vinyl.
All in all, it was a pretty good top, much better than many aftermarket tops
I've seen since!

--Andy Mace