oil canister green

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil canister green
From: Allen Hess <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:31:22 -0400
Referring to some old postings on the subject of green paint for the
TR 3/4 oil canister, I checked out a few stores and didn't find any
of the brands and colors mentioned. I did find and buy Plasti-kote
Engine Enamel "Alpine Green #225". I only have my memory to go on,
but it seems pretty close. Has anyone else looked at or used this
color?

A second question about color - the windshield washer bottle bracket
(Trafalgar brand) also is light green, though a little brighter and
more saturated the the oil filter green. I've had the car (62 TR4)
since '67, and fairly certain that the paint remaining on the bracket
is original. Anyone else seen this?

Allen Hess