TR6 meets curb. In need of the best chassis specs

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 meets curb. In need of the best chassis specs
From: "Tim" <tim@steelstudios.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 20:45:13 -0700
Hello all,

I recently hit curb going sideways and did some damage.  I know I bent the
rim and sheared  one of the  lower a-arm brackets almost completely off of
the frame. Tore up the spring pan and a-arm bushing.  I'm sure when it comes
apart I'll find some more problems. Anyway I figure the first step is to get
it off to a computerized frame shop to have a new bracket welded on, and
while its in there have them check the frame for any bending that may have
occurred from this, or 26 years of being jacked up and put on stands.  So I
have some questions...

1.  The computer software for these machines doesn't have the measurements
for a 76 try.   I have a Haynes manual, but is there a more in depth set of
them somewhere? The factory manual? other?  If anyone has a set they could
scan and email me I would really appreciate it.

2. I received the new brackets from Moss (855-405)  and was like "this this
is going to hold my wheel on".  I really mean no offense to Moss here, but
this metal just doesn't seem that strong.  Does anybody who's been down this
road before know if the same bracket from the other suppliers is any
beefier, or do they all supply the same part.

3. If anybody that's been through this before has any caveats or tips they
can pass along about issues that will likely affect castor, or any other
parts of the system that I might want to have a close look at considering
the damage, please chime in.

4. If anybody has a straight stock steel rim they are willing to part with
please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Tim Taylor
76 tr6