Re: No Gauge Illumination

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No Gauge Illumination
From: SDOliner@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:48:53 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/2003 3:26:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

> You can take the red wire off the terminal and
> touch it to one of the terminals with the Red/White wires and the lamps
> should come on full bright.  If they do then the rheostat is at fault.

This is how I solved my rheostat problem. Just connected the wires and left
it in place. But I would not say that the gauge lights come on "bright."
I like cruising on summer nights with that retro glow. But if I really wanted
to know what the gauges are saying forget it. I actually had all the gauges
out and reinstalled them and don't think it is a poor ground. Do these bulbs
get tired after a while?

David Oliner
67 TR4A
59,60 Bugeyes