RE: Head torque

To: "'Fred Thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>, Triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Head torque
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:07:03 -0700
This is actually the proceedure that was used when we set up the new TR-6
mill. Retorqued after runing up to operating temp the first time and (will)
retorque after 500 miles, cold.

Deano

On any engine/head rebuild for my cars I do as Henry Ford recommended over
75
years ago, torque to specs, let the car idle in place for 10 minutes then
take
the idle up 500 RPM's for about 5 minutes, take a 15 minute ride and then
retorque while warm, drive the car for 500 miles and retorque again "COLD",
seems to work on old Fords, so I see no reason this should not also apply on
our LBC's.  "FT"

/