Re: Speedo Connection on A-Type OD

To: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo Connection on A-Type OD
From: "BRIAN SANBORN" <brian.sanborn@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:03:54 -0400
>The other overdrive has the speedometer cable attachment
>point pointing
>straight left (from the driver's perspective)
>
>Pretty much parallel to the rear axle.

Scott,

This A-type OD is not from TR originally. The inside guts
of the front housing are all the same pretty much...
except for the two different types of accumulators.

There were other A-Type ODs made for Jaqs, Healys, Volvos
and what nots that had some custom adaptations.  My old
A-type OD that I found and rebulit had an annulus
tailshaft from Jag inside... who knows how that happened.
 The Jag speedo input runs in the opposite direction and
the TR4 speedo drive was stripped because the swirl/worm
drive cuts in the shaft went in the opposite direction.  I
did a trade-in + cash with John Esposito for a new
reconditioned annulus.  He was delighted to get the Jag
part and I got a like new part with no wear on the teeth.

You might better off finding out what this different
A-Type OD was made for and sell it someone who needs it.

Brian Sanborn